These are the common criteria that you need to abide:
- Pool gate and fences should be made of durable, sturdy materials free of damage, holes, or cracks.
- Gate must be self-closing and self-latching opening outward, away from the pool.
- Gate fence must be at least 1.2m above above the ground.
- Gate latch mechanism must be at least 1.5m above the ground.
- There should not me any footholds or climbing surface for children under 5 years of age.
- Latch cannot be opened by shaking or jolting.
- Latch cannot be key-locked in open position.
For more information in detail by state, please click the links below.